CALL FOR PAPERS
The Programme Committee welcomes your abstract for presentations to the 8th Dynamic Positioning Asia (DP Asia) which will be held on the 27-29 June 2018 in Singapore.
The Dynamic Positioning Asia 2018, for the 8th year running, will bring together DP Supported by experts, new technologies, a supporting exhibition and networking opportunities for the region’s DP sector.
Partnered with the Marine Technology Society Dynamic Positioning Committee, DP Asia in 2018 will be a three-day event and will incorporate MTS DP Workshops planned and executed by industry technical and operational experts from the MTS DP Committee. A full day optional workshop will take place on Day 3 and the other workshops will be incorporated into Day 1 and Day 2 of the conference.
- Joey Fisher, Managing Director, M3 Marine Expertise; Conference Chairman
- Suman Muddusetti, MTS DP Technical Committee / Chairman; MTS DP Sub-Committee on Guidance and Standards
- Satheesh Prabhakaran, DP Manager, Aqualis Offshore
- Capt. Andrew Wood, DP Manager DNV GL
- Priyadarshan Pandey, General Manager – Operations – POSH Group
- PK Kumar, General Manager Electrical & Engineering, Greatship Global Offshore
- Rob Achten, Fleet Technical Manager – Research & Systems, Swire Pacific Offshore
- Captain Praveen Bajaj, Offshore Vetting, and Marine Operations Lead (AP), ConocoPhillips
- Andrew Lynch, Technical Instructor, Swire Pacific Offshore
- Captain Gaurav Dadhwal, POSH OSV – Operations
WORKSHOP/CONFERENCE SESSION THEMES
- DP Professional Competencies
- DP Verification & Validation
- Thrusters / Unwanted Thrust /Thruster Fail-Safe Conditions
- Reactivation of DP Vessels
- DP Capability Standards
- Technical Standards for Training of DP Engineers / ETOs
- New & Future DP Vessel
- Technological Development
- Class Rules, Vessel Assurance, and Charterer Requirements
- Advances in Sensor and Position Reference System Technology
- AC and DC Electrical Power
- Systems & Protection Schemes
The Committee requests that the abstracts indicate the conference session theme.
Dynamic positioning technology is constantly evolving through innovations and improvements. Rules and guidelines for all aspects of DP vessel design, operations, and professional development
are under continuous development and there is a high focus on safety and towards the delivery of incident-free DP operations.
The conference will be an excellent platform for the speakers to address an experienced audience of multi-disciplined DP experts and stakeholders.
DOWNLOAD the PDF DP Asia call for papers HERE
SPONSOR & EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES
A wide range of sponsorship opportunities is available. Sponsors will be recognized in conference materials and at the event.
DP Asia provides a platform for companies to showcase their products and services, enhance brand image, and to network with decision makers from the DP industry.